Monday 20 October 2014

40 days of 40k - 10 days left!

Fellblade assembly is finally finished!

The tracks where rather difficult to get aligned and straight. I had to make a few new links as noted by the greenstuff

I chose to used plastic rhino doors as the resin ones where rather warped.

You can spot the magnet in the weapon sponson to enable me to swap out weapon systems. I have done this with all my tanks

Close up of the fixed commanders cupola. 

Yes I even went to the effort of replacing all the rivets that where removed as a consequence of having to rebuild the surrounding area

Finishing touches, I drilled out the gun barrels and smoke stacks. I think it makes it look a lot better.


Time for some black stuff

I've fitted the weapon sponsons and fuel barrels

The air brush makes projects like this achievable!



And now for a bit of German Red Brown. This is the first stage for my chipping effects

You can see the demolisher cannon has had the same treatment with the power drill

I have also manager to magnetize the main canon. The fit is still very tight so will need to shave some more off the pivot

This thing is huge!

The business end... Very pleased with how it has turned out after a good 20+ hours of work getting to this stage

Oh yes I also made some more progress on the rest of the army. All that's left to do now is clean the Sterguard and prep for paint. Assembly is over... 10 days to paint it all...

Oh yeah, got some Yellow done as well. First 2 coats, one more to go then time to attack it with the stippling brush and sculpting tools...

No comments:

Post a Comment